HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Awakening: Traverse Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Conflict   Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:33 am

"How...disappointing." Any shred of respect I had gained towards Yukara evaporated. "Its not like any of us have lost loved ones or risked our lives here. It isn't like we all have been risking our lives in order to survive this Hell. And yet again what is it that constantly drives you to attack Jace? He has risked his life to fight the heartless just as much as any of us and he has had countless opportunities to kill us off and he hasn't. Any number of us here are just as much a threat and still you only attack Jace." It couldn't be just my own anger welling up inside of me, it had to be Jace's too. Whatever straneg connection that had been forged between us on the rooftops was getting stronger and I could feel his ire towards Yukara mingling with my own. She just stood there clinging to her precious Shingyo. Some of us had given up love to ensure others could find their own, but enough I had no use for someone that only saw their own needs. "Fine, I cannot expect everyone to give a damn about other people, even when helping those people is in your best interests for survival, sit there and feel safe and secure we don't need you." i turned away from her angrily, "We can do this ourselves. Noctis, can you go with Jace? I will cloak you both and you can get us the information we need. Once we have a better situational understanding we can make our move to get Shizuka to the keyhole and end this all for good." Noctis shrugged, "I'll get it done. Personally I don't feel like rotting here and Gladiolus is still out there, just make sure your spell works witch." I nodded to him then turned to Jace. "i'm sorry for asking this of you, but it can't be anyone else, you're the only one that can do this. when you're ready step out the door and my spell will be in place."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:23 am

My eyes widen in disbelief at this bitch, who the hell did she think she was and just because I asked if she had another idea? I raised my hand out in front of me, “Listen Princess Lorelei. I don’t know what type of tragic backstory you were programmed with but I’m not implying that others haven’t lost people either. I still have my best friend though, and he means more to me then any strangers who wound up in the same mess as me. I'm never letting go of those who I care for, which is Shingyo. Who seem so willing to, who was it you let go?"

"As for everyone else," My hands gestured to all the bodies around the room, "I'd be hesitant going alone with any of you guys. The fact that none of you have attempted to inflicted injuries upon the rest of us serve as trust indicators. This data doesn't eliminate you from the idea of being hazardous to either of our well beings. He hopped down a chimney and charged straight towards you, clearly a hostile sign. You can owe him as much as you’d like but I haven’t processed a reason to...”

I was fuming at this point, my internal components defiantly on the verge of overheating. I just couldn’t understand how logistics and facts were being ignored when considering the future plan of action. I felt Shingyo’s hand on my shoulder, internally I was becoming more irritated and agitated with this situated. Was I really required to go on a reckless mission without looking over all the possible scenarios! Well fuck this. “You know what Princess, fine! I’ll go but just to provide you a reason in the future to consider my tactical and strategical advice. Shingyo, keep constant observation on vitals. If anything looks abnormal, come find me please.” My have brushed against my metallic ear cuff, the action clearly understood by Shingyo. I shoved Noctis out of the way and waited by the doorway for Jace. "Let's get moving now Jace, before your Princess smites me with her 'powers'."

Last edited by Antyx on Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: I'm Sorry   Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:35 pm

There was a lot of tension in the room now and anyone who would enter the room would have to cut it with a steel blade. There were so many people just arguing now as Cloud and The Lunaria Children watched. Shizuka could hear the pain in everything Lorelei was saying where as in Yukara's speech there was anguish and selfishness. She hated seeing people fight like her and her brother did earlier; it never helps any situation that way.

"Look," she managed to say nervously,"W-we...we...we've all been through a lot tonight or so it seems. Let's just take a moment to breathe here."

Shizuka walked over to Lorelei who was still tense; she gently pulled her into a hug and calmly hummed a tune. She then carefully placed her down onto a chair for her to just take a moment to relax.

"My brother and I got you into a bit of a mess," She said looking into Lorelei's eyes,"I am sorry you have been through so much. My brother and I are going to make this up to you. I will do what it takes to stop the darkness; I won't let this consume anyone...anymore."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: I'll be your Shield in the Storm   Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:45 pm

The same senseless thoughts going through this moment...is this how we're meant to save the world

Haru laid on a chair just absorbing the conversations between the women in this room. He knew women were catty but, this was a whole other level of it. His eyes rolled as he looked to Cloud who had a similar reaction to his. He didn't have much input to make because, he knew he didn't have much of a chance in this situation. His magick was of no use to the current situation since he did not possess a Keyblade of his own. Even hearing his sister trying to calm the women only irritated him more and another growl escaped his chest.

Finally he rose from the chair causing a few to jump at seeing his height again. He combed his fingers through his hair letting out a sigh before making contact with those in the room.

"Whatever you decided to do I shall back you as my sister has stated. You have our word," he began,"I may not be of great to use to you all right now but, the least I shall do is try to aide you. I can act as a shield or a distraction to the Heartless. I'll ride this out with you all."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Wed Apr 06, 2016 4:35 pm

I stood there quietly listening to Lorelei's plan, it seemed a bit risky, but going out there alone posed its own risks. Then a thought came to me, for what reason was I even considering this plan at all?  These heartless have not shown much interest in me, I have no need to run or hide from them.  When I look around the room however, I feel an unexplained desire to help everyone in this group, and that is exactly what I was going to do.  I had at first agreed with her suggestion, despite her arrogance, this girl "Yukara" seemed to be quick at accessing situations and using her mind.  However, this outburst of hers had me concerned.  The distrust she had for me was of little importance, I was new to the group after all, and obviously quite different.  But the uncertainty, paranoia, and fear that was coming off her right now would make her look like the moon in a starless night sky to these creatures.  If I could see it, so could they, and I doubted even Lorelei had enough strength in her agitated state to mask it.

"No", I said coldly, "If I am to be the source of this spell, then I need someone who's focus is on the task at hand."  I turned to the man near Lorelei, he nodded in understanding, and we made our way to the door.  "Shall we?", I said as I reached for the door handle.  Lorelei seemed to have regained her composure, apparently the other young woman had managed to calm her down.  She began mumbling words barely audible, weaving signs in the air I could not comprehend.  As I stood there, I could feel her magicks taking hold, it felt as if someone was trying to cut a piece of hide from me.  As the shadow essence that made up my being began to pull away from my body, expand, and envelop Noctis.  Just as quickly as it had started, it was over, Noctis stood next to me, a darkened figure, a shadowy veil covering his body.  "It works", I said almost surprised, "I can no longer see the light from him that the rest of you still radiate." I opened the door quickly and we made our way out.  Now the real fun was about to begin.

As we made our way outside it was the stillness all around us that seemed most dangerous, and it was.  Even though we could not be detected, crashing through the quiet  streets would give us away instantly.  We made our way down the streets, heading east, in the direction the darkness seemed to be gathering the most intensely.  Staying close together so as not to test just how strong the spell was.  The heartless were nowhere to be seen, the city seemed completely dead and lifeless.  As we grew closer to our goal, this began to change.  Slowly at first, then more and more.  Until the streets where packed wall to wall with heartless.  We had only one option, and that was to get to higher ground.  We made our way to a small building nearby that had a fire escape drawn down already.  We climbed and got our bearings from atop the building.  We could see where we needed to go very clearly, a dark mass sitting in what appeared to be a park.

Noctis turned to me and said, "I think we have seen enough, Lorelei's spell may not extend such a far distance from the safe house".  "We know there are many here", I responded softly, "But we have not seen the one we need".  He nodded slightly, and we pressed forward.  Staying along the rooftops was slow going, we had to be cautious not to make extra noise.  Even so, we arrived only a few blocks away from the park.  What we saw surprised us both.  The large eagle type heartless was nested in the middle of the park.  The smaller ones all around it, and it appeared, as if it was absorbing them.  It did appear larger than the first time we saw it, but perhaps this was because it was injured?  Maybe these leader types are made differently, I could not say, but perhaps the others may know more about what was happening.

Noctis and I made our way back to the safe house, once the door shut behind us, Lorelei gave out a big sigh of relief.  Apparently, maintaining a spell such as this was quite taxing on her.  Noctis made his way back to where he had been before and the group all turned to me in anticipation.  "It is not going to be an easy task", I said with a hint of disbelief in my own voice, "It seems the majority of the heartless have converged on the park east of here".  I continued speaking to the group, relaying what we had seen, the packed streets, the empty town, and our prize at the heart of it all.  "Now we know what is waiting for us out there, the next question is, what options do we have?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Battle Plan   Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:42 pm

I sat quietly holding Shizuka's hand with a reassuring squeeze as we waited for Jace to return. I was more angry at myself for getting so worked up, and although petulant, I couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with Yukara.

"Thank you Shizu...you've managed to keep smiling and pushing forward this whole time. I guess that's why you were chosen by the keyblade."

Shizuka had drawn a keyblade, that would be our trump card. I didn't know how I knew it, but being connected to so much power and the atmosphere of traverse town I had been able to sense the keyhole. My kingdom had stories of it, that all worlds possessed a keyhole that could be used to lock or unlock the fabrics of its world. Shizuka had the power to seal this world, to stop heartless from entering. I just hoped it would rid it of the current infestation...otherwise I'd be leading us to our deaths, but others would have the hope of survival. I shook my head. No! I would do what was needed and keep them safe. I swear it Caliph.

"Shizuka a lot is riding on you, but I'll do whatever it takes to ensure you have your chance to close the keyhole and stop the heartless from entering this world."

I waited another hour for Jace to return and was getting nervous when I felt him through our connection and knew he was close.

He entered the safehouse with Noctis and neither of them had been injured.
I gave Jace a genuine smile and hugged him before I knew what I was doing, then tried to play it off nonchalantly by immediately resuming tactician mode.

"What did you find?"

Jace relayed to us about the congregation at the park and the giant eagle that had attacked us before. It could absorb other heartless? There was no telling how powerful it was now... we needed to rest but we would never have an opportunity like this again. Every second now was another percentage adding up to our failure.

"We need to strike now, while they are gathered at the park, we need to get to the keyhole as fast as possible before we are swarmed."

Noctis tossed a vial up into the air towards me and I caught it with a questioning look.

"Its an ether, drink up princess, we are going to need that magick of yours, just don't try to push yourself too far, ethers can have nasty side effects."

I held the crystalline vial in my hands and watched the azure liquid scintillate. It looked delicious.

"I've got three left, you can decide among yourselves who wants to take the remaining."

"I won't be able to cloak us all, but I'll do my best to create another barrier once we reach the keyhole to give you time to seal it Shizu, I'm sorry, but this entire plan hinges on you being able to use your new weapon."

"Jace, I'd like you on the inside in case I-In case I can't hold them back, I need you to protect Shizuka. Cloud and Noctis if you can reduce the amount of heartless coming at us then my barrier will hold more, but don't put yourselves at risk. Lastly," I looked over at Yukara and bit my lip. Logos over Pathos my father always taught me. A ruler must allow truth and reason to be their only sovereigns.

"Will you help us?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:59 am

Eyes wide and mouth slightly parted, I couldn’t help but feel a sting of pain at the rejection. As Jace left the room, my eyes fell upon the others. After having explained myself, there still was no looks of understanding in my rationalization. Everyone had that one person they trusted and wouldn’t leave for the world, Shizuka had her brother, and I’m sure Lorelei once held someone to those regards. Right now this was all futile, we had issues to deal with and until Jace and Noctis returned, there was little to be done. I played with my necklace a bit before going and resting on a nearby couch, realizing the strain in the energy I had utilize to control those wires. Closing my eyes for a moment, the next time they reopened it was to Jace walking through the door. Shingyo had taken the position on the couch to my left. Resting my back against his side, I listened intently to the surveillance report, updating my priority list in my head.

“So the monsters have amassed over at the park? This situation couldn’t be more ideal especially since there weren’t any parks situated between the clock tower and our current location.”

“Will you help us?”

It did catch me off guard at first, not have thinking that the situation had digressed far enough that they thought I wasn’t going to assist them. My only means of survival all rested with this group, I only meant that I had to progress with caution on both ends.

“Princess, I will gladly provide my assistance. I just wanted to express to everyone that I will still provided my expertise,  despite the earlier conversations. This time we will all be together, to which I have no qualms. Please lead the way and Shingyo and I will provide interference.” I let a small smile grace my lips.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: All Eyes on Me   Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:12 pm

Shizuka began to take everything in; everyone's thoughts, the plans, the way to use her Keyblade. A lot was riding on her shoulder and this was the time in her life that she would need to be a leader. She had to protect those she loved and those who's futures where in the palm of her hand. The pressure was something that she had never felt and nerves began to settle in a bit. This was her moment to shine and prove to her brother that she too can be strong.

She took a deep breath before chanting something that sounded like a prayer. Once again her attire changed to an all black gown and the Keyblade once again appeared in her hand; she was willing to do it.

"I can do this," she said in a soft tone.

Sí, se puede, mi amor...encontrará la luz,Shizuka. Siempre estaré a tu lado

Shizuka could hear that special message in her mind and her eyes welled up with tears. She knew those words and they touched her heart whenever she heard them. She knew that defeating the heartless would help her find her way back home....to the things she longed for.

With a shaken voice and tears in her eyes Shizuka made a small remark,"Anything to bring these creatures to justice...that's all I want is freedom from the darkness."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: I know what you want....   Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:25 pm

What's wrong...why are you crying

Don't worry about it

I'm your brother...how do you expect me not to notice. You looked off to the distance did you hear something

...maybe...look its not a big deal...it was just a memory I cherish in moments like this. When I am scared I think of-

I know...I will make this right. I will back you up in this battle along with Cloud and the others...we will solve this all.

...I-I...hope your right,Haru...

Haru sat down using his own magick to make new gear arise on his body and more blades hung to his new outfit. He knew what he had to do to keep his sister in the right frame of mind especially when her mind was wandering off to the things she desired most.

He could see his sister now in her most vulnerable state; it would take all of his might to make sure she would not let the pain her heart felt consume her.

"You know why we are doing this Shizuka," Haru said, "Think of this as one step more towards home and the things that await for you there.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: To the Keyhole   Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:38 am

The ether hit me hard and fast and I gasped in ecstacy. This magick felt entirely different than anything I'd ever expected. Nature magick felt familiar and like it was an extension of myself and the earth below. This was...powerful, it felt extraterrestrial and beyond this plane. It felt...amazing. I could feel the magick caress its way across my breasts down to my stomach where it built and then coiled around my legs down to my feet and I sighed dreamily.

I blinked as the world was enshrouded in a veil of blue and I continued to blink until finally my vision righted itself.

I let out a breathy sigh, "Don't get in my way."

I strutted straight through the blazing doors and into the darkness of the night.

Ice sheathed its way across my arms and draped itself across my shoulders.

I gazed at the clock tower. Its light beckoned to me, the light of the keyhole.

The heartless would be on to us soon and yet...

"Let them come..."

I stepped upward and condensed the moisture in the air into frozen platforms as I moved without encumberance.

Its time to end this.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:54 pm

I was listening to the discussion the group was having, it seems we had a plan, one that would hopefully put an end to these heartless creatures.  It had been asked of me to protect Shizuka, the wielder of the keyblade.  If that is what was needed of me, then I would protect her with my life.  I nodded to Lorelei as she asked this of me, fully aware that she had in her mind to push herself too far.  With this drink Noctis had given her, she was imbued with renewed strength, and it was both amazing and terrifying.  I had not sensed such power before, was she really that weakened when we first met?  Either way, she was ready to move forward, and was taking the lead.

"Do not worry", I said calmly to Shizuka, "I will be your shield so that you can focus on your task".  I turned away from Shizuka, and started heading towards the door.  I stopped, just a few feet from it, and turned my gaze towards Shingyo and Yukara.  "You may not trust me, but I will protect you both as well, should the need arise", I said very plainly.  I continued outside behind the flaming outline of the door, I saw Lorelei outside surveying the area, waiting for enemies to approach.  "There are none nearby", I said while gazing in the direction of the park, "They do not seem to be looking for us at this moment, and are content to be in huddled in packs along the pathways to the park".  We stood there for a few minutes as the rest of the group made their way outside to join us.  I will not let them be hurt, I thought to myself as the rest of the group made their way outside, any of them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Apr 15, 2016 1:36 am

“Psh like I would let myself be placed in that situation” I mumbled to myself. Looking up at my companion, “Likelihood this works?”

“65%”

“Damn I was thinking more 73.8%...but did you notice any other observations? Especially with the Princess and that drink she took? It was like an instantaneous boost to her energy, energy drink you think?”

“Quite possible, however you know that they mess up your systems if not the right proportions of ingredients. We shall have to do a diagnostic later and break it down to it’s nutritional facts.”

We began walking towards the door and as we passed Noctis, I plucked one of the vials. I flashed in a grin, “For science and all” before making my way through the open door. There wasn’t a trace of a heartless in the vicinity, probably due to them converging on the park to mount a full forced invasion. Strangely, there wasn’t a trace of my weapons either,“Shingyo, those bitches stole my wires! I’ll need to get to some of the tech in the clock tower for anything of equal potency. Will have to resort to hand to hand if the enemy does appear.”

“So guys lets get this show on the road, we should be able to make it before-” A screeching noise reverberated through the town. I sighed “I’m not even surprised anymore. Let’s go!” I began running towards the tower as darkness could be seen inching itself from the park’s direction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: The fucking tower lol   Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:51 am

Shizuka new that they had to make their way to the tower because she knew that her keyblade would close the dark to the darkness. This would be one more step to finding her family and helping her new found friends to restore their worlds. She looked at her brother and he assured her that everything would be okay.

"Okay, so...the keyblade should just do it," she tried to say calmly.

She chanted a spell that seemed to lock the door in the tower but, nothing to what was allowing the darkness to come through.

"Are you sure this is the right thing," she said scared.

To the east of the tower she could see that heartless where on there way.

"Guys," she said nervously,"What do I do?"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: To the keyhole   Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:29 am

"Foolish girl."
I flicked my wrist and the street below glistened with a fine sheen of ice.
I pointed to Shizuka and a cold wind slammed into her and sent her sliding across the street towards the clocktower.
I ran across the sky closely behind her feeling the sheer thrill in such acts of abandonment. Why had I ever held back before!? Why had I allowed myself to be so repressed to satisfy my father's ego!? To allow him to chain me to his side to use my powers for his own good. The ether pulsed in my veins and I couldn't get enough. It urged me to cast- cast-cast-cast-cast-cast. Magick...more magick...become magick itself. Was this not what the earth had always encouraged me to do? To remove boundaries and become one with the world... Ether had shown me the way.
No more room for hurt, I would replace every ache and agony with...
Magick...
I sucked in a breath urging the magick to fill my body, to surrender to it, to be dominated by it.
As predicted, the heartless hadn't taken long to reach us.
"Come forth. I have the perfect weapon waiting just for you..."
I turned towards Yukara and Shingyo. Within Shingyo I had seen a possible answer, but it lay dormant. His light was quelled-no...chained. By her. So long as she continued to exert absolute control over him-
Hmmm.

"Let's remedy that shall we..."

I cupped my hand and condensed magick into a single ebony arrow.
With my other hand I chilled the air around Shingyo and Yukara to lock down their movement.

"I free you Shingyo..."

The arrow became one with the night as it shot forward towards his heart.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:56 pm

My breath began coming forth in condensed clouds of fog, a chill settling over the battlefield. Bumps across my body appeared as the temperature around us plummeted drastically. Before me, I could see that Shizuka was being propelled towards the clock tower by a frost propulsion system. Coming to a halt, I brushed my arms lightly, tracing over the individual bumps.

“What the hell? Did she just cause the atmospheric pressure to change and drop the temperature? How is she managing all of this?!?” I turned towards Shingyo, noticing Cloud and Noctis starting to engage the heartless,while Shingyo and myself remained baffled by the technological miracle Shizuka was performing. “Wonder if I can make something similar…”

I felt a warmth emanating behind me, “Mistress, this irregular temperature pattern needs to be addressed. You are not in the right garbs to handle this temperature.”

“Trust me with you as my portable space heater, this temperature is but a simple  issue that we can work around. Redirect power to your core generator.” His arms wrapped around me, providing a shroud of warmth. I moved closer to his chest now feeling the heat and raised my hand towards his heart.“I put in all my effort and countless hours into designing you. And damn does it show, you show off my intelligence quiet well, I thank-” a blackened arrows shredded its way through my hand and into Shingyo’s chest cavity. “Mother Fucker! Since when do these dumb shits fire arrows at us! Shingyo, medical procedure three….stat!”

Reaching for the arrow, he was moments from dislodging it from our wounds, but just as quickly as it’s impact, it dissolved. After a split moment of confusion, my body began convulsing and spasming from whatever coated the heads surface. The smell of blood sang out and the realization of our wounds fully processed once the crimson blood began flowing from my wound. Shingyo’s chest looked to be mostly intact but some of my blood must have been forced into his wound, as it was now leaking slightly. My entire being felt... heavier, the blood pulsing through my veins feeling as if it was being weighed down.

“Shingyo we need to get moving now, my hand is going to require immediate medical attention. -Ouch, Fuck!- and I definitely am leaning towards the now!” Turning towards the rest of them, "I’m going on ahead with Shizuka and Shingyo. Be careful out here, at least one of these bastards has a bow and fuck does it hurt.”

Cradling my hand against my body, we made our way towards the clock tower. Just outside the walls, I felt the weight around my body begin to compress, forcing me to take a knee. Shingyo obviously showed no signs of this fatigue but for me...it was becoming more and more taxing on myself to move.

"That fucker, what did he lace the tip with! Shingyo, I need you to get us inside so we can clear a way for the others."

"Madame, they will be fine. Sit still and let your body fight the disease. Your antibodies will fight it or at least disperse it. I'll protect you."

Last edited by Antyx on Mon May 02, 2016 2:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Bloody Monday   Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:54 pm

Haru watched as his sister struggled with using her keyblade; he knew she was confident but, she really had no direction of what to do with her power. Everyone was just killing these creatures with no set proper way to end the fight. What they needed to do was close the Keyhole and fast or their chance of survival would seem useless. Cloud had the right idea of fighting them but, how long could he hold up. As Haru thought such things his nightmare came true; a heartless snuck from behind Cloud using its spear like arms to pierce his shoulder.

"CLOUD!" Haru screamed.

He jumped up to try and catch Cloud from collapsing hard into the ground. His face was now covered in blood from Cloud's injury.Cloud was trying to stand on his own but, the pain was too strong and blood kept falling from deep within his shoulder. The Heartless must have pierced something a little more dangerous then they all expected. He ripped opened a package from within his shirt covering Cloud's injury. As he placed the patch onto Cloud he mumbled something under his breath causing the injury to burn and at least seal up Cloud's wound.

"Thank you," managed to say through shortened breaths.

Haru nodded and just took in his surroundings; what seemed like a good plan was falling apart in front of his eyes. Sure they had already weakened the crowd of Heartless coming there way but, there were still so many all over the place.

"Someone make something happen," he screamed,"We need to shut the gate and send these things away. Cloud and Shizuka are struggling and they seem to be the only ones killing these things right now! Can you do anything to stop this?!"

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Tue Apr 19, 2016 9:56 am

I watched as Shizuka was forced away in the direction of the clock tower, sliding along with forces coming from Lorelei.  She is losing herself again, I thought as next I witnessed a magicked arrow fly into Shingyo.  Whatever was going on with her, I could not be drawn away from the task I was given.  I turned my attention towards Shizuka, and begin running in her direction, towards the clock tower.  Everything was on her shoulders, she had to seal the keyhole, and end this plague that had taken over Traverse town.  “I will make sure you succeed”, I said lightly to myself.  

I caught up to her as the magicks Lorelie had used started to fade away, the ice below her feet disappeared and Shizuka began to lose her balance.  I caught her shoulder as her feet landed on the ground, no longer affect by Lorelei's magick, she regained herself.  “That was a little abrupt”, I said to Shizuka, “But Lorelei has the right idea, we cannot waste time here, we need to make our way to the clock tower and prepare to seal the keyhole”.  She seemed concerned for the others, the fighting had not slowed down at all.  “They can take care of themselves”, I said firmly, “If you really want to help them, then we MUST complete our task”.  She nodded, and we made our way towards the clock tower.

The clock tower loomed in the distance, busted and broken from the last time we set foot on it.  It was right there, so close, yet there were many things besides the distance that concerned me.  I could sense small packs of heartless everywhere.  Though the majority had converged on the park, or were engaged with our allies behind us, the weapon Shizuka wielded shown in the darkness like a beacon.  All the stray heartless around would be drawn to it, and her.  I knew we were approaching a battle of our own, the small groups had begun to stir, and would most likely begin making their way towards us.  I picked up my pace and sprinted ahead, one, two, there were some just ahead of us.  Though it was pitch black to most, my eyes saw things in a slightly different light, not only could I sense the creatures, I could see the haze of their shadowy figures.  

They were digging around a trash can, like alley cats, it seemed more for amusement that any hunt for food.  I rushed towards them, they looked up as I closed in on them and they both let out a low hissing sound.  It was not me they saw however, it was Shizuka trailing behind that their gazes fixed upon.  No sooner had they risen up, then I threw my hand through the center of the one closest to me, piecing its chest, it dissipated in a little cloud of shadowy smoke.  The second one struck out at me, I grabbed its arm mid swing, and with my free hand grasped its head and drove it into the brick building next to us.  It too faded into nothingness.  “Do not slow your pace”, I yelled back at Shizuka, “I will deal with the stragglers, you focus on getting to the clock tower”.  We continued forward, keeping a hurried pace, all the while I could sense the heartless drawing closer, surrounding us.  So long as we kept moving forward, I could dispatch the few stranglers that caught up to us.  As long as we did not stop to get drawn into a full out fight, we should have no problems.  I was not worried about us, even if all these small groups converged, we could fend them off.  The real danger we faced, was time.  The longer it took us to get to the clock tower, the greater risk our allies faced.

We reached the base of the clock tower, and the heartless where nearly upon us.  "Come on Shizuka", I yelled, "Get inside now".  She made her way inside the clock tower, and began making her way up.  I sensed no heartless inside the clock tower, so the path was clear, at least from these things.  I shut the door behind her, and waited as the heartless swarmed around the door, and me.  They approached me cautiously, some looking upwards toward the clock tower, sensing Shizuka inside.  One jumped and clung to the wall, trying to crawl up it.  I reacted quickly and drove my hand through its chest before it had the chance to get any higher.  This was all the provocation the others around needed, they now saw me as their enemy, and began to descend upon me.

One, two, three, I struck them down one by one.  Thinning their numbers, but at this rate, I would be overrun before long.  No weapon, and my back to the wall, I was pressed for time now too.  "Come on Shizuka", I whispered to myself, "we are all counting on you now".  Four, five, six, they continued to disappear in that familiar shadowy mist.  For each one I struck down, two more seemed to appear at the back of the pack.  I cannot abandon my duty, I will protect her, they will not cross this threshold.  With my back now directly in front of the door, I planted my feet firmly to the ground and I roused myself for the onslaught that was to come
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Nevermore   Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:00 am

My arrow had struck true, it had even hit Yukara as well. Perfect. It would force the light to rise within their bodies and make them stronger. Just a slight crash and burn later...but we all had to make sacrifices.

Jace had managed to get Shizuka into the clocktower and now he was fighting a losing battle. It would only be moments before he was torn to shreds. All the self sacrifice, I hated it. Absolutely hated every ounce of it. Nobility meant nothing when it didn't achieve results and ended up with you dead.

But still I found myself running through the air to his side. I was the same disgusting self sacrificing idiot.

No...not anymore. Being powerful meant not having to lose anymore.

I landed at his side and froze the door to the clock tower with heavy sheets of ice.

"Don't let me down Shizuka!" I screamed after her.

I ducked behind Saz and placed my hands against his muscular shoulder blades.
I had never noticed before how well honed his physique was. One couldn't tell because of the shifting shadows that surmised his body but for looking so much like a spirit he felt very much like a man.

Crystalline armor began to enfold his body from his back to his front and I smiled at my handiwork.

"Much more befitting... my dark paladin."

A screech sent shock waves through the air and I fell against him.

In the sky above us that cursed Raven had taken flight and was encircling the clock tower menacingly.
It dive bombed the streets and swooped up heartless into its mouth where it devoured them and its wings lengthened.

It folded back its wings and then flapped them with a fury sending a sonic boom raining down at us.

"Jace!-"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Apr 22, 2016 1:01 am

I stood there calmly as the magicked aetherial ice made its way around my body.  Cold tendrils creeping across the entirety of my being.  The ice hardened further, and its essence changed as it shifted from ice to an ether enhanced crystalline armor.  I stared at the heartless surrounding us as an icicle began to form in my hand, growing larger, heavier, and then taking a familiar shape.  I crystalline sword now lay in my hand.  “Dark Paladin”, I said softly to myself, as my shadowy essence danced around the blade making it appear like blackened flames.  I felt a faint smile form as I charged forward into the crowd of heartless in front of us.

I jumped straight into the middle of them, thrusting my sword forward as I drove myself through their ranks.  This blade was extremely light, unnaturally so for its size, perhaps one of the advantages of Lorelei’s magicks.  I swung wide to the right, cleaving through three heartless in a single swipe.  With my sword now extended out to my side I leaned in and kicked the heartless nearest me, pushing it back into the creature behind it, using the momentum of the motion I brought the sword to bear forward, thrusting the blade through them both in one smooth motion.  I held my stance, nearly motionless, while more and more of my blade began to become visible again as these two heartless vanished from around it.

It did not take long for the remaining heartless to meet the same fate.  This pack of stragglers had gotten fairly large, but it was a far cry from the horde that was now stirring and advancing on our group.  The large flying heartless was growing larger still, we needed to act soon before the full force of the heartless horde made its way to us.  With the door to the clock tower sealed in ice, and the pack that was chasing Shizuka now dispatched.  All that remained was to deal with the large heartless outside, our hope still resting on Shizuka to seal the keyhole and end all of this chaos.  

I walked back towards Lorelei, seeing a slight grin on her face as she admired her own magical handiwork.  “We need to rejoin the rest of the group”, I said calmly, “The area around the clock tower is now clear and the only entrance blocked by ice, Shizuka should be clear to complete her task when you give the signal”.  Lorelei nodded and said, “They are going to need our help for what’s coming next”.  She placed her hand on my chest, examining the armor she had crafted with her own magic, the shadows of my being floating and swirling around her fingertips.  She looked up, staring intently into my eyes, she spoke softly.  “Use that sword, and cut me a path forward”.  I turned in the direction of our allies, lost in thought, as we made our way back to them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: Hopefully this works   Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Shizuka could hear the door seal behind her and her nerves began to set in. She knew it was up to her to rid the Heartless from Traverse Town. She wasn’t sure if she had the power to do it. She wasn’t as strong as her brother; why wasn’t Haru given the Keyblade first? After his parent step down someday, Haru is suppose to take rule of Calvaria. She knew that down the road she was suppose to marry into a different royal family. Their destinies were set so, why was fate being so twisted and cruel?

She knew her brother was not pleased with her getting the Keyblade first but, she wondered if it was because of his curse? IF they were to journey to other worlds like Cloud said would Haru be able to aide her in the fight?

Enough thinking it is time for action, she thought to herself.

“This is for Saint Shiva and Lord Leviathan,” she shouted into the air.

With the door sealed she she’d be able to use her magick in a way unimagined; she just wondered would the Keyblade work the same way? It seemed that this would be a trial and error attack. She took a deep breath and began to chant a spell as she gripped her Keyblade.

“Et disperdum te...in lucem...somnum sepipiternum,” she chanted.

She repeated the words for a few times as the air grew cold and precipitation began to form on all the walls of the room. Water began to rise from the floor into large shapes near her hands. She looked around the tower and saw that her best option was to use the nature surrounding her.

“Everyone find shelter,” she said using a form of telepathy to reach everyone in her group.

Water burst through the Windows of the tower and high into the air. As the water fell down from the sky, it turned into large icicles and rained down on the heartless on the streets. One by one they were pierced with the ice shards; the heartless shrieked and vanished into thin air. All but one remained and the raven-like creature hissed that Shizuka destroyed its army.

“Got ya,” She winked.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Battle for the Keyhole   Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:24 am

Jace turned and walked away from me, leaving me alone to fend off the raven.

"Fine then, I have no need of you anyway," I said coldly.

Icicles rained down from the sky and exploded through the heartless ranks cordoning off the area.

The shards rained down towards me and I clawed my hand willing them to stop.

"Stupid girl casting blindly, you're going to kill us!"

I reached out and suspended the shards above Yukara and Shingyo's head.

I still had plans for those two. I gathered the shards of ice and reformed them into a massive javelin.

I raised both hands to the sky and formed two pillars of ice on my flanks. I created a tether of ice and pulled back collecting tremendous force.

"Down here birdie..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Thu May 05, 2016 9:56 am

Taking a moment, I tried concentrating inwards, hoping that my body would listen to my pleads and speed up the process. Around me shit was getting real, real fast. Shizuka had made it inside of the clocktower, Jace and Lorelei stood fighting the relentless heartless, and a greater version of the flying raven heartless was moments from engaging. I was useless and this feeling was one massive blow to my ego and appearance. I’d have to design some counter protocol that would prevent me from falling in such a state.

A shadow was casted across the ground as the giant bird made its descent. Ice shards formed around us all and reformed into a massive arrow, pointed directly at the creature. I noticed Lorelei gesture slightly before the weapon launched at our enemy. Within seconds it made connection with its’ right wing, causing it to come crashing to the ground right in front of us. Taking the opportunity, Shingyo lunged at the creature and tried to make a dent in it’s body. Because of its’ massive size, it was difficult to evaluate the effectiveness against the bird but the beast was screeching in pain. Taking another breath, I struggled to stand, but not before the raven swipped his massive wing in an attempt to get away. The feathers successfully dislodged Shingyo, but instantly sent me flying through the air and through one of the clock tower’s windows.

Impacting the ground, all the air was knocked out of me and I felt a few cuts begin to take form on my pale arms. I was certain I was going to require laser surgery to remove all of the scars I was building up. Opening my eyes, I saw the ceiling of the first floor and a female dangling over me.

“Shizuka?” I questioned groggily.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri May 06, 2016 11:43 am

"KARA," Shizuka screamed running over to the girl she had met earlier.

Shizuka noticed something different about her that she had never seen before; she looked defeated. Her fighting spirit was fading and she was stunned by the injuries she received. The magick she used was something too powerful and she thought that it would be able to elevate the problem; it seemed to only make things worse for Yukara. She went over pulling the girl into a deep embrace.

"I'm so sorry," she began, "I didn't mean to do this to you."

Her skin began to glow and she began to run her fingers against every cut across her body.

"Pain pain go away," she smiled as the cuts began to disapear,"Your body may hurt for a bit but the bleeding is stopped."

She gently picked her up off the floor and took her hand; she knew they needed to get to the top of the tower again to close the keyhole.

"You and I will do this okay," she smiled, "Let's do this!"

Before Yukara could respond Shizuka gently took her hand and began to run up the stairs with her and making sure she kept the pace to her injured friend. She kept smiling because she was nervous and she knew what they needed to do.

"We got this right, Kara-Chan," She giggled.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   

Back to top Go down

Awakening: Traverse Town
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3