HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Awakening: Traverse Town

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lorelei

PostSubject: Awakening: Traverse Town   Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:40 am

I blinked awake sleepily and felt the cold stone of the street beneath me pressed against my face.
I rose to my knees groggily and looked around. I was standing in the middle of a town with a large enchanted sign that said Traverse Town.
The sign was illuminated by light yet I could see no flames. Had someone enchanted it? I had only ever met one witch named Beneficent so the thought of other magic users excited me.

Wait flames… the heat of the flames that lit the pyre as I was nearly burned at the stake.
What had happened to me? And what of Oliarch…or whatever that thing had been.
If I had somehow been transported here then so had he. I had to find and stop him from hurting anyone else.
I held out my hand and concentrated feeling the familiar flow of magic gathering as the wind stirred restlessly wanting to play.

Good, my magic was still intact.

To my left I saw a small café but it was closed at this time of night. Night…how long had I been unconscious?
I moved closer to it when a shadow to my right caught my eye as it darted forward.

“Oliarch!?”

The creature flattened itself to the ground and swam across the street.

“Stop!” I chased after it down the alley and gathered the wind around me. I’ll end this.

I rounded the corner and found a canal and the shadow was nowhere to be found.
No! I had to find him.
I stepped forward and heard a giggle as both my escape routes were blanketed in darkness and seven more shadows stepped forth.

“Hea…rt..” they rasped as they moved in haphazard swinging of limbs towards me.

I had never used my magick to hurt anyone before…I was at a loss at how to fight back as I shrank against the alley wall.

“S-stay away!” I sent out a plume of flames but they were not deterred.

They weren’t like animals then, they did not follow survivor instincts, just what were they?
A shadow leaped at me and I raised my arms to brace myself for the-
-nothing.

“Don’t just stand there.” A voice said gruffly as I watched the flash of steel rend the shadow in half.

A man took my hand and said to run as he called out to his companion, “Gladiolus rendezvous at the shop.”

“Watch yourself princeling.”

The man dragged me bodily back towards where I had come from as he launched a sphere of ice forward casting the shadows aside to create an escape.

“Stop! We can’t just leave your friend behind! We have to destroy those shadows.”

He turned and pinned me against the alley wall with a stern glare.

“Gladiolus can handle himself, and tell me, how do you hope to defeat those things?”

I met his gaze refusing to look away, “I-“

“-Exactly. You should be home, you have no business delving into the dark.”

I shook my head, “The darkness found me, I will not hide.”

He assessed me before launching a wave of fire to our right scattering the pursuing shadows.

“Attitude alone won’t keep you alive.”

“Yes, or you would have no need of that sword you wield,” I countered.

He looked a little shocked before he grinned and dragged me after him. The grin faded quickly as he stood in front of me defensively.

“You weren’t kidding about the darkness finding you.”

A large swirling pool of black twisted dangerously in the plaza where I had awoken as an armored knight arose from its inky depths.

“What are these things?” I demanded.

“What backwater planet are you from? You’ve never seen a heartless?”

A large black heart adorned the knight’s chest plate and shield.

“Stay behind me.”

He raised his hand and light flowed around him as I watched it bend and distort into the images of countless weapons before he selected a massive sword.

I pushed forward to stand beside him, “I will not cower while you fight.”

He glared, “Don’t be an idiot. You have no weapon, what do you hope to accomplish?”

I conjured a ball of fire in my right hand and hurled it at the knight as heat exploded throughout the square.

He stared at me wide eyed. “You can use  the crystal’s power...”

The knight struck out with his blade and I leapt on top of my supposed rescuer and shoved him to the ground.

“I don’t know what this crystal is but worry about it later,” I said to him beneath me.

I helped him to stand and he nodded.

“Cover me.”

He darted forward as the knight’s blade arced towards him and the last possible second his image blurred and the blade missed. Seizing the opportunity the man kicked out with his boot knocking the knight’s shield aside before he landed a glancing blow to its chest.
The knight leapt backward and hurled its shield with massive strength.
I slammed my hands to the ground and willed for the earth to protect him as a column erupted in front of the man and deflected the shield.
With the shield cast aside the man seized the opportunity to throw his sword at the knight.
The knight sidestepped and the sword struck the ground but my ally was suddenly there in a blur of light as he drove the blade straight through the knight’s chest.

“Nice save,” he smirked at me.

I sank to my knees and breathed a sigh of relief.

“Come on, let’s get to the shop, we’ll be safe there.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:18 pm

"Traverse Town...a unique little place so it seems," Shizuka mumbled, "But...where is your source, Haru."

"I am sure he is not too far...we did arrive to spot earlier then I  wanted to," Haru sighed,"You were the one who decided to walk out of the Inn and discover your surroundings  didn't you say those exact words?"

Shizuka sighed because, she knew her brother was mad at her for wandering off again. She has done this all her life to him and tonight was no different. She was eager to meet the wanderer that had a map that would lead them back to their world; a map that would take them to find their mother and father. A map that would soon end the suffering the two had gone through for two years.

A scattering sound came from an alley way nearby them and Shizuka looked up to see who it was.

"I bet its him," she laughed.

Haru continued to lean against the lamppost he had placed himself against still looking for the man and sighed, "Then look for him.

Shizuka could see something scurry in the alley with glowing eyes; it looked like a small animal.

"Haru look a kitten," she smiled, "here kitty kitty...come say hi to me."

The eyes of the creature met hers and slowly began to follow with more eyes glowing behind it. Shizuka heard her brother gasp.

"Shizu, move back right now," Haru exclaimed, "That's no kitten."

Shizuka looked back slowly at her brother; what were they going to do?

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Damnit   Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:44 pm

Haru could see that this was unlike anything they had seen from before. When Merlin taught them magic they were use to seeing odd things like walking broomsticks but, this was quite different. This creature was small and all black with yellow eyes and were antennae on its head. As it got closer he could see at least six more behind it.

"SHIZUKA! GET BEHIND ME!, Haru shouted.

"Haru...you shouldn't yell like that. You can-"

"This is not the time for that! Behind me now!"

The way he yelled only caused for the creatures to move towards them in a quicker way. Shizuka shrieked as she hid behind her brother. He reached into his coat pocket finding a small switch blade. He pointed towards the creature.

"Hey freakshow," he smiled, "You want some of this?"

Haru dove towards the creatures with his blades provoking them to fight him. They faced away from Shizuka now wanting to attack him. He swiftly began to dodge them as they came towards him. As soon as once got close to him he took his blade digging it into the head of one of them. It made a screech but, it was not dead. It seems ordinary weapons would not kill the monsters.

"Damnit," he said outloud,"it didn't die."

"Magick....M-maybe Magick will do the trick," Shizuka shouted.

"You're right," Haru smiled, "Aero should do it."

Haru shot a blast of wind towards the creatures crashing them into the wall. They bounced off of it only growing angrier with Haru's actions. One slashed at his forearm causing an unusual pain to his chest.

"Urgh," he gasped clenching at his shirt," What is that feeling?"

"HARU HARU! GET BACK BY ME,"Shizuka screamed nervously.

Through tightened breaths Haru went over shielding his sister as she wrapped herself around him. Her could feel her trembling against him and the two were now surrounded by the dark creatures.

"What are we going to do. We're going to die here."

Haru's teeth clenched knowing that the Magick Merlin taught him was of no use against these creatures. Their lives were now in danger; what were they going to do?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:47 am

Piercing sensation; the feeling spread through my chest and caused my eyes to bolt open. Staring ahead, wooden planks formed the interlocking patterns of the ceiling. Doing my best to turn my head, I noticed a lack of electronics or technology. Where am I? The pain redirected my attention from the room and down to my chest. Upon me laid the hand of the one who would never leave me: Shingyo. His eyes met mine, a soft smile gracing his face.

“Glad to see you awaken Princess Yukara.” I cocked my eye at him, never was he this formal.

“Why the formalities?” It made me uneasy. “You know you call me just Kara, especially with the lack of others.”

“I’m uncertain madame, all I know is we awoke in a location out of GPS and satellite signals. I deemed it most important to find a place for you to rest up that also met the needed security level. This inn was deemed the optimal solution with the means at our disposal.”My mouth stayed parted, even after all the rambling, I couldn’t comprehend this person as my best friend.

“Who are you? Did you cross two wires again because this isn’t you.” The events of my concert clicked together, and a wave of urgency rushed into me. Grabbing Shingyo by his hand, I lead us out of the room and down a long corridor of repetitious design.

“My Princess, where-”

“Don’t call me that, either stick to Kara or even Yui if you must. As for where we are going, I need to find a dam mechanic ASAP before I lose my shit.” Out in the streets, there were as many inhabitants as in the inn. Three story buildings were erected, but only constructed of stone, not metal. The streets were light up by multiple streetlights and neon signs, but they lacked the technology I have grown accustomed to. This was where I was, but not where I belong.

Taking a deep breath, I began peering through the different stain glassed windows hoping to catch any sign of tools I could use.
A precision laser soldering iron?
An x-ray magnetic manipulator?…
Or even a wrench at this point!
Trying to navigate these bizarre and foreign streets, were becoming increasingly more difficult. How can there be no one to oversee repairs of machines? Over my shoulder, Shingyo had ceased movement in front a cafe.

“Come on Shingyo, I need to find a shop!” Irritation was coating my words, and, inside, I felt bad for letting the stress get to me so much. He raised his left arm and pointed to the top of the stair on the opposite side of the plaza. Situated on the corner, an oddly shaped structure bore a diamond shaped sign reading “Jewelry”. Well, eventually we were going to have to try one building, maybe someone can provide us information.

“Alright let's g-” From the side streets, the small black creatures from my dressing room swarmed over the slate ground. “You got to be shi-...Shingyo we need to run now, get inside!’” With that I bolted across the plaza towards the stairs to the shop. After five strides I felt strong hands wrap around my side and position me in the bridal carry. Looking up, Shingyo was locked on our destination, making sure to sprint ahead of the unknown black creature. We were in no condition to face them, mostly because my experience in combat was nonexistent. Over his shoulder, the small black beings still had their sights on us. “Book it Shin! They are catching up.” At least, they were, until he vaulted up the stairs, and slid to a stop outside the shop. My hand fumbled with the knob, trembling with fear. If not for his cold grip wrapping around my hand and guiding me, we’d never make it into the shop.

“Hey there, how can I - Oh it’s only a kid.” A blonde male chimed from the counter as we walked in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Awakening: Traverse Town (Resonance)   Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:06 pm

We closed in on the shop but heard a man yell "You want some of this?"

I followed the sound to find-unmistakable by their looks- twins. The man was fighting desperately to protect his sister and something about him swept me up and suddenly I could see warm light flowing from his chest. It had looked similar to mine and he didn’t seem aware of it. I had to know what that light was, a light that could be used to fight these things.

“We have to help them!”

My companion shrugged, “I’m not in the business of getting involved, just makes things complicated.”

“I’ll pay you then.”

He folded his arms, “Look lady, you don’t have the kind of cash to buy my services.”

“I’m a princess, when we return to my homeland you can have any number of riches you desire.”

He grasped my hand, “By the light of the crystal I swear this oath.”

Light twined around my hand but I would never back down, “By-by the light of the crystal I swear this oath.”
Something final settled down over my shoulders and he grinned smugly.

“Well princess, today is your lucky day.”

He darted forward and released long arching strikes with his sword cutting a swath through their ranks.
I ran forward and wove my way through the pockets of space he left behind and made my way to the twin’s side.

“Hurry! Follow me!”

A heartless launched itself at the male twin and I reached for him to move him out of the way.

Magick surged through our veins.

Something powerful resonated between us and I could sense the magic within him, as well as the spell he knew.

Aero

The wind howled in a frenzy forming a dome around our bodies forcing the heartless back and tearing the one that had struck at us asunder but the winds did not stop there, they raced with abandon and began to rip the shingles off the rooftops around us as the wind sought to isolate the man and I within their depths.
I tried to reach out to the winds with my prayers but this was-different.
This wasn’t spirit magic, there were no elementals called by our magic to stir the elements this was coming from…from him? I gazed at the man in wonder as his power filled me and I lost control as the magic went wild and I became the hurricane itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: There is safety in numbers   Thu Mar 10, 2016 4:44 am

Another female with magick like Haru; it seemed anything was possible in Traverse Town. With their combined powers they were able to take down the monsters. She couldn't be anymore happier knowing that they were safe for the time being; what they needed to do was now get out of here.

"How did you-" Haru said looking at the girl astonished.

"HARU! We have to go and you too you can't stay here! Our Inn is just over there if we make a break for it we can go inside," Shizuka said gently tugging at both Haru and the new female's arm.

She could see the two of them looking at her oddly but; no matter she knew what she needed to do to get them from safety. She wasn't the strongest of people but Shizuka loved to run. She grabbed each of them with each of their hands in one of her own. She giggled as she pulled them forth zigzagging through the alley trying to throw off the monsters.

"It should confuse them right," She smiled at the new girl.

"Shizuka they aren't crocodiles, there is no need for such movements," Haru sighed.

"Crocodile smockodile we're gonna be safe," she wailed.

Finally they made a clearing heading back to the place that Haru and Shizuka were staying at. It was a small quaint little shop that also had a Inn attached to it. It was convient for them and their travels because thye could grab a hot meal and rest while they were waiting for Haru's contact.

“Hey there, how can I....another one....," a man behind the counter sighed,"I'll have you know this is a fine establishment we can't have people keep barging in like this. Someone could get hurt.

"My apologies," Shizuka said going over to the counter,"I was being an escape artist and my big brother had to go and get me."

“...So who's the lady with him then that isn't you....," the shop owner asked.

"umm...,"Shizuka paused looking at her brother and the lady,"She's his...his...GIRLFRIEND! My brother wanted me to meet her at the station but, I got too excited and ran ahead so...Please, forgive us."

Haru jaw was wide open looking at his sister; she could tell he was confused by her story she created on the spot. She gave the two a very sweet smile as she skipped back over to them.

"Well, Erica its so nice to finally meet you. I am going to go upstairs and go cool down. All this running has me sooooo overwhelmed this calls for a warm bath. See you later Haru," she said sweetly as she hopped up the stairs.

When Shizuka finally got to her room; she let out a hard gasp and her body shook violently. What were those creatures and why were they after her. She turned on the warm water filling the tub with lavender soap. For now she needed to get this out of her mind and she knew her brother could handle the mess she left for him downstairs.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Allow me to Re-Introduce Myself   Thu Mar 10, 2016 5:28 am

"Shizuka!"

A deep sigh came from Haru as he was now left in a room of an annoyed Shop keeper and other astonished people. There was another female with a male not too far in age near the entry; they had seem like they had come in just moments before. Even though they had been there a little before them it seemed they too were shaken up; did they see what had happened out there on the streets?

Then there was this female who his sister had called, Erica. He knew that she her name was no where near Erica. She just stood there staring at Haru just as confused as anyone else in the room. He cleared his throat letting out another sigh shortly afterwards.

His hands rubbed the back of his neck as he felt a little sore from the way he was jolting around; let alone what those creatures had done.

"I must apologize for her," she said to the woman before him,"She is a bit of a handle full. She has been this way since she came into my life many years ago."

Haru laughed about it but it was true. Shizuka was always finding ways to get in trouble or anything to put him in a awkward situation. What was really on his mind where those creatures that had chased them all through the streets.

"My name is Haru and I am sure you got that from my sister and her rather expressive ways....look I don't know what you know but, do you have any idea what kind of creatures those were out there," he asked, "I haven't been to this Town before but, I know people who have. I am trying to meet with someone and it seems that those things are in my way."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Well then...   Thu Mar 10, 2016 12:34 pm

"G-girlfriend?" I stuttered. "I am flattered that you find me attractive and I think its cute you had your sister spin the little role play but I'm hardly in a position to place myself into a romantic relationship- I actually just got out of a serious-"
-I thought of Caliph reaching for me and I instantly shut down to stop the tears from rising up. I wasn't some little girl, I would not cry for the decisions I had made.
"I actually have no idea where I am. I was- attacked, and the next thing I knew I wound up here with-"
I looked at my rescuer.
"I'm sorry we never had a chance to properly introduce," I looked at everyone, "My name is Lorelei."
My gaze lingered so he responded, "I'm Noctis, we'll have time for pleasantries later, for now, help me barricade the doors and windows everyone."
He moved away and began to pile furniture against the door.
I excused myself from Haru and sat in the middle of the room making sure to distance myself from all four walls equally.
"Spirits of the land I invoke thee: Layer upon layer of dissonance heed the call through land and air, through spring through fall temper thine solace and become pillars and walls!"
I felt the joy of magic surge up through the earth and into my body as a refractory before channeling through my fingertips to settle into the marrow of the place as earthen spirits roused and took up a protective phalanx around the shop.
"I might not be all that great at fighting, but that has only bolstered my defenses."
"Haru? You and your sister stay close, I promise I'll protect you."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Mar 11, 2016 7:30 am

People begun pouring into the shop, one after another, making the room as cramped as one of my autograph sessions. I glances at Shingyo and he too was confused, watching the spectacle unfold in front of us. It wasn’t till the barricading of all doorways and windows commenced that I ceased observing and spoke up.

“Judging by your frantic actions, don’t tell me you all are also being chased down by the demon shadow ants?” The lack of responses and the continuing barrication confirmed that question, “And you all lead them back here? Because I didn’t have enough damn problems…Shopkeeper!”

“Name's Cid kid, and it is wise for you to remember it.”

“Sure sure, now bring me any tools or electronic devices in your possession, stat. And you might want to go evict the intruder that broke into your private quarters.” I begun gathering anything of use around me, Shingyo also took the hint and analyzed the structural integrity of the building. “Also...question her as to why a building labeled “Jewlery” would ever double as an inn, which is in another district.”

“Prin-” a piece of firewood collided with his face, as I checked my hand for splinters.

“Not my name you over-sized toaster oven…” I mumbled to myself.

“You should consider reinforcing the area in front of the chimney, as it's one of the remaining access points into this storefront. The others being the living quarters of the shopkeeper, Cid. However I assume that one female would take the liberty to ensure her safety before exposing herself.”

Cid bursted back into the room carrying a tool chest, various gauges of wire, a small generator, and a small laptop. Bolting to him, I pried the laptop from his grip and knocked him over. “My sweet tech, I was beginning to think I’d fallen into the Dark Ages!” Opening up the screen, I initialized my talents and sent commands of codes through the device, overriding any previous user interfaces. The coils of wire Cid gathered took to life and slithered their way under the debris, out into the street. “I promise nothing but this should electrocute anything they touch, thinning their numbers.” The opposing end of the wire attached itself to the generator, leeching the power and pulsing it out the door into the streets. Grabbing the tool chest, I looked to Cid and stated, I’m borrowing these. Shingyo, come here. We got work to do.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Sorry   Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Haru's kind face turn to fury towards Cid the shop owner.

"You know what I find funny," Haru began,"A man who has such a 'fine establishment' was willing to take munny from two lost travelers-"

Haru calm down, I can hear you yelling from the bath
...right...sorry

Haru clenched his necklace letting out a deep sigh once again. He knew his sister was listening. The two siblings both wore a trinket that help them communicate with each other whenever they were apart. He took a deeper breath before seeing that the shopkeeper was embarrassed about his lie.

To calm himself down he kept his eyes shut, "So what do we gotta do to kill these things."

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Plans   Tue Mar 15, 2016 11:56 pm

Noctis shook his head. "We? Nothing. I kill these things, they can't be destroyed without the blessings of light.
"Blessings of light?" I echoed, the term held no meaning to me. "How do we go about acquiring that?"
Noctis shook his head, "You would have to come in to contact with the Proto-Crystals and display a level of resonance but the point is moot, we can't get back to my world and the crystal was-"
Pure rage shown through his eyes and for a second I could swear they actually turned red.
Cid shook his head, "Don't know what them crystals is y'all be talking about, but if we could git our hands on a keyblade we could solve this damn nonsense." He lit up a small object and then inserted it into his mouth before exhaling a plume of smoke.
"Keyblades are real? There are legends of them in the Accords of my kingdom but I thought them to be simple mythology. Only the strongest of hearts can manifest a keyblade, most were lost in the Great War."
Noctis laughed, "So some mystical weaponry that is lost somewhere in the universe and can only be wielded by some hippies is supposed to save us? You know because odds are we have several sitting right here waiting to be used. So back to my plan, you all stay out of the way and I'll handle this."
I marched straight up to him and glared, "Just because we can't destroy the things does not mean we are useless. You've already seen that Haru and I are trained in magick and even though it has limited effect on those things we can still help. I won't be dismissed so easily just because you can't see over your own vanity and gelled hair. I am Lorelei, a princess of Tavnasia and you don't have to like me, but you will respect me."
His eyes searched mine and he grudgingly nodded, "Fine. We should make a tactical retreat, this place is hardly the ideal setting for fortifications."
"I have to be the last to run, I can't maintain the barrier without being inside, Cid, Haru, do you know of a safe house around here? Or some mode of transportation?"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Like you, like me, like us   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:03 am

HARU! HARU! A princess like me is here, I didn't know

Then she isn't from Traverse as well she is of another world. They may be more of an essential then what we really thought.

That means I can have a friend like me

I don't think she wants to be a friend to the girl who labeled her at my girlfriend when we have never met, sister.

Hey it shut up Cid for a moment didn't it

Haru had so much going on right now between his sister's fascination with a fellow princess to the monsters outside. All this was distracting him from his real mission and his blood was beginning to boil. His fist slammed into a nearby wall while looking at the sudden shock from those around him.

"I've had about enough of this," he growled,"I don't care about this at all. I don't need to run away from this place."

Shizuka came running down the stairs and saw the agitation in her brother's eyes and said,"Haru, that's enough...you need to calm down.

"NO," He exclaimed, "We came here to get help not to fight off stupid little creatures. Did you forget we were here to meet with CLOUD STRIFE?!"

He saw that the name caught Cid's attention.

"The name ring a bell," he asked smiling slyly.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Wed Mar 16, 2016 2:43 pm

"Traverse Town", that is what the man said as he slowly stepped away, turned, and started to run in the opposite direction.  What had happened, where was I, and what is this strange sensation that I'm feeling?  It was as if I was being led somewhere deeper into this town.  I looked around and realized, it was a ghost town, buildings worn and falling apart.   "What happened to this place", I said softly to myself, "some kind of battle perhaps"?  I started to walk north, deeper into the heart of the town.  I could smell ash floating in the air, and sense magicks still resonating in the blank spaces between buildings.  The air was almost stagnant, like death, it was both calming and unnerving.  I continued to walk, surveying the landscape, and the destruction around me.

It started to dawn on me that I was alone here, there was nothing that gave off any semblance of life.  Then, like a quick drawn blade, one of those shadow creatures appeared before me.  I readied myself for it to strike, but it simply stood there, looking at me.  "What are you", I said in a low aggressive tone.  It turned its head slightly sideways, seemed confused even, then started to walk away.  It was heading north apparently being drawn by the same force that seemed to be leading me deeper into this graveyard of a town.

I decided to follow this creature and see what I found.  As I scrambled along, a sharp intense light caught my eye, so I stopped.  Under some rubble, and still being gripped by what appeared to be a local guard, was a slightly rusted over sword.  It still appeared to have an edge on it so I decided I could get more use from it then its previous owner.  "Thank you", I said to the lifeless body, "I will put your blade to good use".  Now armed and feeling a wave of zeal and determination, I began heading north once again.

With this new determination I was feeling, a warm pain flashed in my chest, the same sensation I felt before I ended up in this town.  The shadow creature was a few blocks away by this time and it suddenly stopped.  As the pain pulsed, the creature turned, and started to stare at me.  It walked slowly at first, with that confused twisting of it's head once again, gaze fixed firmly upon me.  Then it began to charge wildly, arms slightly outstretched, running straight at me.  My body reacted on it's own, years of fighting etched into every fiber, anticipating the motion of the creature.  I turned lightly, leaned out far left, and drew my blade all in one motion.  There was a sickening sound as its cleaved body hit the ground, sliding a few feet further because of it's momentum.  Then the creature appeared to turn into a black mist, and simply vanished into nothingness.

"This pain I feel", I paused, "These creatures can sense it, and seems as though it puts them into a rage".  What could it be I wondered, as I once again headed north. The pain had subsided, as did the wind, the air was once again still.  I could hear some rustling up ahead and I let my curiosity get the better of me.  I slowly approached the edge of this fallen down building, boards creaking under their own weight while they hung out of place, once attached to a wall that has long since been destroyed.  I was struck with a sense of worry, maybe even fear, there had to be more than a dozen of these shadow creatures bunched together.  I started to step back slowly, take a different route, but I was spotted.  The creature nearest to me made a shallow sound I could not make out, and came around the corner hurriedly.  It was followed closely by the rest of this shadow pack.  I placed my hand upon the pommel of my sword, ready to fight for my life, and they all just stopped.  "This makes no sense", I mumbled to myself, "why do they stay their hands".  One creature walked up to me, looking me up and down very intently, then turned around and returned to the pack.  They all went back to where they were, and to not press my luck, I quickened my pace back the way I had came, and turned myself north once again.

As I got nearer to the heart of the town, I started to notice the air seemed different, lighter somehow.  More of the buildings were intact, and whatever was guiding me to the heart of this place, was growing more intense.  And I felt a hunger inside me that I could not explain, it was not the pangs of hunger when I craved a hot meal, this was different, and intoxicating.  I could see lights in the distance, "People", I said excitedly, "There has to be someone there who can tell me what's happening around here".  A wave of excitement and anticipation flooded over me as I quickened my pace to a light jog, and headed towards the lights.

As I got closer, the hunger I felt got more intense, I was no longer being led, I found what was calling to me.  I shop of some kind, surrounded by these shadow creatures, some standing mindlessly, some throwing themselves against the walls and what appeared to be a magic barrier.  I watched for a few minutes, to see what these creatures did, but nothing was happening.  I could sense the barrier was weakening, but I knew I did not have the strength to break through the front door.  I approached closer, walking past some creatures that looked up at me, then went right back to what they were doing.  "I guess I'm invisible to them, or they just don't care", I said quietly as I pressed forward.  There has to be a way into that shop, this hunger I was feeling was tearing me up from the inside, whatever was in there, it would be mine.

I walked up to the barrier, it was powerful, but it's strength was waning.  Whatever was making it, was feeling the pressure of so many creatures attacking it.  As I ran my hand across the barrier, I smelled something similar to blood.  "Iron?" "Iron and dirt", I said with confidence, "This is earth magic!"  If this was earth magic like I believed, then I knew exactly what I needed to do, I needed to get somewhere higher up, I needed to get on the roof of this building.  So I looked around for a way up, and there it was, a pipe running up the adjoining building.  I headed straight for the pipe, ignoring the creatures, just as they seemed to be unconcerned with my presence.  I made my way up to the top of the building, and to my delight, I spotted a chimney on the building I was trying to get into.  I took a few steps back, readied myself, and rushed to the edge.  I leaped with all my might, barely landing one foot on the edge, but it was enough to throw my body forward, and roll onto safety.  "I misjudged the jumped", I said catching my breathe, "That could have ended very badly".  

I was now on top of the building, I could sense the weakness in the top of the barrier, and the hunger I felt was nearly unbearable.  I moved to the chimney, examined it, and determined it was just large enough that I could go straight down.  "I hope bottom is as open as the top, but at this point I don't care, this hunger is driving me mad", I said as I crumpled over slightly.  I drew my sword and threw it down, there would be no way I could fit inside the chimney with it still attached.  I leapt high, much higher than I intended, and dove feet first down the chimney.  I felt my feet strike the barrier as, and in its weakened state, I was able to piece through and crash down inside the shop.  I rolled out of the fireplace, stood up, and began scanning the room.  There were people here, they looked shocked, surprised at my sudden entry.  I realized in that moment that it was these people, something about them, that was drawing me to this place.  The hunger however was too great, all I could think was they had something I needed, and I charged forward at the nearest person.  A young girl who seemed to be the source of the barrier I had just forced my way inside of....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:53 pm

Shingyo approached me as I sat down in a chair behind the glass counter top, his strides were...off. His movements were resembling an injured animal, but one who suppressed the feeling to not concern the pack. I was concerned. Stopping two paces in front of me, his green eyes interlocked with mine, the depth of our history displayed those intruding on our moment. Sliding the chest of miscellaneous tools between my feet, the laptop took its position gracing my lap. I unclasped my necklace, revealing two hidden ports. one took its’ place on the side of the laptop and the,  the other rested in my hand.

“Lift..your shirt...please.” One of my greatest design flaws surfacing again. Reaching for the hem of the shirt, Shingyo lifted the black v-neck over his head, revealing a muscular build brushed with a decent amount of hair. The jack at the opposite side of my necklace inserted into his stomach. “Let me get a diagnostic running while I sort through recent activities that could have lead to your current...status.”

“Princess , you know I’m calibrated and free of malware or viruses. I'mean sorry to say, but more concerning matters are located only 3 meters away, a poorly constructed wall serving as our main division. Analyze the situation for yourself and worry about fixing what isn’t malfunctioning at a later date. We have to look to escape before the shadow figures conjugate more.”

“But Shin-” a blunt sword rattled its way down the chimney. Eyebrows cocked, I waited for the others to assess the weapon. That moment wasn’t to come as a figure bailed out of the fireplace, and lunged for one of the unknown heroes. “Shing!” My companion blurred over the counter and wedged himself in front of the male. Instinctively I breathed life into two more spoils of wire, launching the electric whips at his body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Dark Encounter   Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:09 am

I heard a large clanging of metal from the direction of the chimney on the outer periphery of my consciousness as I struggled to maintain the barrier.

I didn't pay it much heed until I heard the woman yell "Shing!"

The warning in her voice got my attention and as I opened my eyes I witnessed a heartless launching himself at me with hunger blazing in those unnatural yellow eyes.

How had it known where to pierce my shield!?

I couldn't move or risk upsetting the barrier so I braced myself for the attack-
The man called Shing was suddenly shielding me from the attack as the two collided.
I could feel a wave of force ripple outwards from the two of them and was shocked that I could sense an aura emanating from the heartless.
The others had only felt like darkness, a void where life should have been in such an animated body, but these two both emanated immense light. As my eyes focused on my would be attacker I saw a second shadow hovering over him.
It was a different kind of darkness from the others. There was something sorrowful in the way it tried to wrap itself around this particular heartless like- it was trying to protect it. I didn't feel the sort of hunger that the others exhibited but before I could try to peer through its glamours the auric winds shifted and howled angrily as the two struggled to overcome the other and I felt dizzy from the power.
No...fight it! I had to maintain the shield or we'd be beset by countless heartless in no time.
I focused and breathed in deep, drawing energy up from the earth with my inhalation. I redirected the flow of mana and reformed the barrier to shove the heartless backwards away from Shing; before allowing the shield to resume its dome around the shop.  

"Haru! Take the others upstairs with Shizuka and get them out!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:20 am

As I neared the girl forming this barrier, the hunger within me seemed to grow, it was almost as if I was enraged, transfixed upon her.  I launched myself forward, and I heard a voice from somewhere in the room, and in an instant, there was a figure standing before me, barring my path.  He reached out to stop my advance, grabbing hold of my right arm and left shoulder.  This new foe before me seemed strange, somehow different, I could not place what it was.  All I knew for certain, he was much stronger than he appeared.  

As we grappled, neither faltering or gaining ground on one another, I heard a piercing sound beside me.  Crackling, screaming, rope like objects flying towards me.  I instinctively tried to bolt backwards, but in that same instant that my gaze saw these dangerous things coming at me, I felt a strong push against me.  The man's grip broke as this unseen force pushed me backwards, losing my footing, I started to stumble.  The crackling sound coming at me only grew more intense, like lightning given life, coming for me.  There was but one option left that I saw, go with the momentum, and risk being on the ground to avoid the hit.  I fell backward, leaning into the fall, and time almost seemed to stop as these directed strands of lightning inched passed my head.  I had dodged them, or so I had thought at first.

Just as gravity had helped me avoid the strike so too did it help these ropes find their mark.  As I tried to gather myself to stand again, the ropes fell onto my outstretched leg.  "AARRRHHHGG", I cried out loudly, as the electric current ran though me.  I rolled back and reached for the sword still laying at the base of the chimney.  Apparently this shadowed body of mine acted like an insulator, though it rendered the strike non fatal, the pain was intense, and I could not feel my leg.  My whole left side was starting to feel numb, but this only seemed to make the hunger I felt intensify, and I lost myself in the moment.

I used what strength I had left to rush the girl, she was too fixed on her barrier, she was defenseless.  I threw the sword at the man, and it distracted him enough that I was able to spy a moments opening and rushed past him, towards my prey.  My gaze was fixed, I did not know why, or for what purpose, but there was something driving me toward this girl.  The distance had been closed, I was only inches away, and I raised my arm to strike.  The hunger so intense, I had forgot that I was surrounded by enemies, I did not care.  

As my arm began to descend towards this defenseless girl, an intense pain shot through my chest, I thought for a moment I had be pieced with the blade.  In that same instant, the hunger faded, and the pain inside intensified.  What was this, it was as if my own body was protecting this girl from me, I was frozen, unable to move.  Something deep inside was drawing me to her, the hunger that led me here had completely vanished, only the pain in my chest remained.  Was she the one who was causing it? Who is this girl?  She just stares at me, but there is not a single trace of fear in her eyes.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Engaging the enemy   Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:50 am

The heartless stopped directly in front of me and something in those eyes softened, some infinitesimal spark of humanity as an emotion I knew all to well surfaced: doubt.

The shadow that circled this heartless reached for me and this close I couldn't avoid the contact.

I felt wave after wave of pleading, emotion more quantified than words.

"Help him..." I said aloud.

I wasn't sure if it was the shadow's wish or my own that called out to the aetheric winds.
They heeded the call and slammed the heartless to the floor and I followed up by redirecting the strength of my barrier down atop him. He was pinned by the weight of the shield and I wasted no time.

"Impart to me the light of creation! Radiant flow of life become the chains of castigation that hold true to darkness!"

The light in the room splintered and fragmented away from the atmosphere and redirected itself into solid bands of light that encapsulated the heartless.

"Everyone stay back!" I warned to the others, but mostly towards Noctis who had already advanced with sword drawn.  

I glared at the heartless, "Who are you? I demanded.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jace Okami

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Mar 18, 2016 10:53 am

"Who are you", she said, "who are you", that was a question I was unsure of myself.  Since waking up in that dungeon, I had not given it much thought.  My head was still spinning, but in a moment, I was pinned against the ground, bound, and at the mercy of these people I had just assaulted. I pondered on the thought for a moment, staring at these glaring eyes that seemed to pass straight through me.

"Jace", I muttered softly, as I continued to stare back at this girl.  "My name is", I paused, thinking hard on a flood of memories that seemed to be coming from nowhere, "My name is Jace", I said more violently.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:28 pm

The events transpired in a string of notes, a song of utter disarray, pumped full of adrenaline. Examining Shingyo and the intruder grappling to overpower the other, my fingers grazed over the plastic keys. Once they became dislodged by some baffling means, the commands triggered in sequence, arcing the electric wires around my companion until they landed on their target. Watching the figure on the floor recoil in pain, if but for a split moment, couldn’t help but make me smirk. “Fucker could never calculate how to bypass our defenses.”

Or atleast thats what I had predicted. Spontaneously the assailant was back on his feet, charging at the Lorelei female. “But that should have interrupted all his brain signals. Does that mean...he’s an id-” The sword that stumbled down the chimney was in his hand, if for a brief moment, before it was propelled at Shingyo’s position. “Move you bitch!” I hastily retracted the wires from under the door and coiled them around the hilt, inches in front of his face. A sigh escaped my lips. This prevented additional repairs for me to address and work on later but more so....because he not hurt.

I’m uncertain what transpired between Lorelei and the assailant during the past few seconds but I knew the odds weren’t with him. Illuminated chains were binding the ass who interrupted my mental task list, and I could only assume she had caused them. “What kind of tech did you use and where can I find the specs for it?”, my voice attempting to suppress my inner fangirl.

“Princess Yukara. We have an issue.”

“Shin, I’m about to cut out your voice box. Stop with the etiquette, and get real for a moment. This isn’t like you.”

“But -”

“Unless our conditions have been put into greater risk, I don’t want to hear it right now.”

“It has though. In a honorable maneuver to cease the weapon’s trajectory, you caused the wiring to disrupt the integrity of the barricade. As well, the force that strengthened the buildings foundation has dissolved greatly.”

“How long?” My irritation towards this town was increasing as each dilemma prevented me from seeing to my companion.

“Two minutes at most. And judging by the structure’s weak points and estimating potential damage to the outer walls, we can estimate the Heartless’ rate of flow to be 3 per thirty seconds.” My palm made contact with my head as I thought of what escape routes we could take. Scanning the shop, my eyes settled on the bound man. Jace.

“Chimney.” My voice too soft to hear.

“Chimney,” my voice grew in volume, “Now!”

Any and all wires I programmed to weave together into a cylindrical mesh, similar to a finger trap my father would prank me with. Once I felt the wires line the inside of the chimney, I expanded them outwards. The foundation of the chimney cracked apart as the inner dimensions enlarged, creating a wider funnel for larger masses. “Shingyo, grab the intruder. I have a theory that Princess over there wants him around, at least till we are in the clear. Everyone else, book it!” I crouched into the chimney's opening and ascended by grabbing hold of one wire at a time, out into the crisp night air.

“Oh fuck me.” Was all that escaped my lips before I felt Shingyo toss his luggage beside me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: Now we're getting somewhere   Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:06 pm

"Everyone is headed to the rooftop," Shizuka said to her brother, "Let's go."

Haru nodded and the two siblings took off up after the rest of group hoping that the monsters from before were gone. Then it hit Shizuka hard and she sensed something she hadn't felt in a very long time. She felt a darkness in her heart that reminded her of her parents. She felt that darkness when her parents sent her to Merlin so many years ago. That initial feeling that reminded of her of why her parents were missing emanated from the man that was bonded. Her heart began to race and as she ran on the rooftop her eyes met her brothers face. He was clenching his chest once again and also staring evilly at the bonded man.

"YOU BASTARD!"Haru growled as he ran towards the man.

Oh this shall not turn out well,Shizuka thought.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Flashback   Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:39 pm

You have to go now!

No, mother you can't do this. You can't sacrifice yourself

Oh Haru, its not like that you must go to Merlin. He needs to train you

How can you act like everything is okay. The walls are caving around us you need me.

Your father is here is he not. Go Haru...we shall meet you there soon. We will save Calvaria. We will come for you. Protect your sister. I love you.

"Ugh," Haru gasped clenching at his chest.

Memories from long ago began to haunt his mind. He could see the marble floor and topaz chandeliers, he could smell the Egyptian musk oil burning in the latterns, he felt as if he was home for a moment. He could hear his father shouting trying to fight the darkness and he could see his mother chanting spells trying to aide her husband. The walls crashing down around him and how he and his sister jumped into the portal to Merlin.

The taste of salt water in his mouth and his sister hitting his arms repeatably asking him what was wrong. An echo surrounded him and he just saw the Old Man approach them and try to tell them that everything would be okay. Every dark feeling from that day met them in this current moment and he couldn't stand it.

He feet slammed against the shingles of the roof and he flew landed multiple punches on the binded man.

"WHO. ARE. YOU," Haru growled, "WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO WITH THE GODDESS AND GOD OF CALVARIA. YOU BETTER HAVE A REASON. WHY DO I FEEL THAT YOU ARE THE REASON BEHIND MY PARENT'S DISAPPEARANCE!"

He continued to punch the man violently to the face and chest but, no matter what he did it did not seem to get  a reaction out of him. He was just like the creatures from the street there was no doubt.

Suddenly Haru felt as if something sucked him backwards into the air.

"Enough, Haru," Shizuka cried,"You can't do this now!"

"No! How do you not feel that,Shizuka," he yelled back to her, "Are you that stupid?!"

"What and beating him to death will solve everything," Shizuka said slapping her brother across the face,"You need to listen! Fighting him will not bring Mother and Father to us in a instant. You said Cloud was the answer so get your mind in check!"

His face stung now and he could see that everyone was watching them now. He closed his eyes and an unusual sound came from his chest. It was a growl that sounded like a demon and he took deep breaths before opening his eyes but setting a darting look at those ahead.

"You can do this Haru," She said holding his arms back,"You don't need to act that way."

He could feel her leaning against him trying to hold him with all of her strength. It kinda made him want to laugh because she was so small in height compared to his towering one. To anyone who saw this it looked like Haru was just holding his hands behind his back but, Shizuka was back there holding them. He just kept his breathing normal and looked on ahead to those before him.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorelei

PostSubject: Traverse Town: Darkness Within   Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:43 pm

I was too stunned to react to Haru's sudden outburst. He began to savagely attack Jace with no provocation.
"Stop! Stop!" I cried out but before I could ready an incantation his sister had wielded her own magick and wrenched him back.

I could still feel the shadow's ghostly touch and its solemn wish and sadness welled up within me as I knelt beside the damaged heartless.

"You've been through so much..." I whispered.

Its shallow breath moved in rhythm with its chest rising and falling just like any other living creature and the way it had curled in on itself to protect itself from the blows... it felt pain just like anybody else.

I rounded on Haru and magick coiled around my lithe form practically begging to enact justice.

"What is wrong with you!? Do they teach you no honor back in your kingdom? Attacking a wounded and completely helpless man? Is that the kind of man your parent's fought to save!? Answer me! The only person here acting like one of those infernal heartless is you!" I shoved a finger towards him and the wind began to dance in anticipation.

"Jace barely even knows his own name, why do you think he would know anything about your people? If you would use your head or your training you could see that Jace has a heart"

A heart... I lowered my hands and bit my lip to have the pain center me and the winds to die down.

I was about to attack Haru...that wasn't the kind of woman I was.

I returned to the heartl- to Jace's... side.

"Sit still ok?" I said in a voice that reminded me of how one were to speak to a puppy.

I withdrew a canteen of water from my belt and turned it upside down.
The contents within fell into suspension just inches above his body. I began to weave my hands through the water and all above his body forming intersecting lines of power. These lines represented the universal resonance of all life.

I gently lowered the water over his body and concentrated. Within second, I felt the enormous strain that healing spells always left on a person, but I continued to compel his life force to strengthen and mend his body.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Antyx

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:17 am

The commotion from behind me echoed across the rooftop. Watching them over my shoulder, I sighed in utter dejection. For they were all so enveloped in their own personal matters, avoiding the big scene unfolding around us and beneath us. The shingles of the building shifted violently as the structure under us became compromised.

“Shingyo-”

“Anything for you mistress.” We had many of these moments, where we weren’t required to finish our train of thoughts. He shoved the squabbling crowd away from the chimney, as I raised my hand to the heavens. The wires rose out of the chimney like the water sprout. They wrapped around and constricted the opening, causing the bricks to crumble in on itself. Once finished, the final results were of my desire; a flat encasement over the only opening to the roof.

“You dumb shits, will you stop with your bickering and attempts to sabotage our escape!” Now my desire to go home, even back to my proper place, would seem like a dream come true. I took in a breath to try and calm myself, but more so I wouldn’t shove all the strangers off the roof...This would most likely allow for me to escape easier… “Shing we have a Plan C, just in case.”

Stuck out on the roof, there were no other buildings close enough in proximity to launch ourselves at. We are stranded up here with zero means of escaping, except for Plan C. “How could this become any worse?” I crouched over towards the edge to see what was taking place below us, hundreds of small black beings shuffled against each other, attempting to get closer to us. “At least they can’t cli-” Claws started rapping against the building's sides, a single heartless must have sensed our altitude change and figured out the means to get to us. All of the heartless begun to follow suit, scaling the walls to get to opposing roof tops and soon….ours. “This fucking world hates me...Guys! Issues! Now.”
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Shizuka
Admin

PostSubject: Forgive Him   Sat Mar 19, 2016 1:32 am

"I'm so sorry truly," Shizuka said bowing to the others, "He is this way because of me."

Her eyes filled with tears as she looked at those before her. She was the reason behind the rage filled heart her brother held and even if people told her she wasn't her mind thought otherwise.

"My brother has a curse," she explained.

"Shizuka...don't say it," Her brother sighed.

"I was told by my servant that I once almost went missing and a man named Ansem was going to be behind my disappearance. My brother rescued me and almost lost his heart that day. So whenever the darkness is around his body and mind begin to go into a place like this. So please, I am sorry we've caused such problems for you," she said still bowing before them.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Haru
Admin

PostSubject: Let's Rock!   Sat Mar 19, 2016 3:36 am

Haru rolled his eyes lifting his sister off the floor.

"Now is not the time to worry about that," he sighed,"Look what's coming our way."

Haru looked to the monsters that were once again in their way. He knew in order for them to find Cloud, they were going to have to fight them. He slipped out of his sleeveless jacket and tossed it into the air having it land on a small hook by the chimney. He looked to his sister who was now smiling at him knowing what that signified to the both of them. His arms were now free of loose fabric giving him more mobility to fight the monsters.

"You guys are going to join in right," he said to the others,"I believe with our combined strength and magick we can take them all down. So Let's do this!"

Haru took to the sky drawing to silver and red blades from his pants and chanting an a spell on to them. In a matter of moments the blades were covered in a cold wind and as he moved his hands on the edge of the blades another set grew out of them like a fan as he tossed them towards the monsters. They were now stuck to the roof with ice.

"Alright," he laughed, "Just a little something to hold them down. Show me what you got!"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Awakening: Traverse Town   

Back to top Go down

Awakening: Traverse Town
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next